Thursday, June 26, 2008

DAY EIGHT

Today I entered the house to find candy containers strewn around. Seska was hovered over a nearly empty -- and ripped up -- See's candy box. Another empty candy box was in the living room. I pieced together that someone had opened the pantry door and helped themselves to a basket of candy, including 2 partial boxes of chocolate.

This was very unlike Seska, so we did a sniff test. Seska's snout smelled like...dog breath. Easy's snout smelled like...dog breath and chocolate!

It's a serious problem for a dog to eat chocolate so I immediately called the vet. I had to try to describe Easy and how many bon-bons were missing and whether they were dark or light chocolate. I think he ate 3 bon-bons. After consulting with the vet, they came back and told me that he should be fine due to his enormous size but expect him to be bouncing off the walls for the day.

We are keeping an eye on him in case he has any reaction. The main reaction I've seen is that he has gotten more assertive about begging. He actually barked at me while I was fixing some food (for myself) today. I think he is fed up with the treat scarcity. He is also eyeing the pantry again and Wes is concerned about the refrigerator. There is chocolate syrup in there.

Tonight's bedtime book was about ballet dancing. Easy rolled on his back wildly, making howling noises. Then he fell asleep.

Tussles: The uneasy peace continues. Seska thinks Easy is great. Easy thinks Seska needs to back up.

Treats after begging: Some chicken chunks in the morning and self-service dessert at noon.

Success using the dog door: N/A -- we had to take the dog door down today but it will be back up soon.

No comments: