Monday, June 30, 2008

DAY TWELVE

They took Easy today. His owners are back and they want their dog. The house seems too quiet. To think that just last night (at midnight), Easy was barking at a wind storm.

Morgan says that it's probably best that Easy is no longer with Seska since they had started working together.

6 Things we loved about Easy:
-The way that he would seek out the squeaker in a plush toy and squeak it over and over with his big nose.
-The way that he forced us to exercise, really exercise, every day. He needed to exercise and he made sure we knew it. It wasn't just, "Take me out before I pee on the floor."
-The way that he would get so excited while playing in the park that he would bite his leash.
-The way he would wait outside my bedroom door every morning and give me a heart attack when I opened the door and came face to face with this giant dog in the dim light.
-The way he would run up and wedge his head and shoulders between my legs so I was sort of riding him. Somehow that was comforting for him.
-The way he wanted to be present and listen to bedtime stories.

We love you Easy. Come back on your next vacation!

No comments: